Sunday, November 06, 2005

Rogue, Completed

Now that my sister has opened Rogue and pronounced it "a perfect fit" (she also said, "I kind of feel like a Star Wars character with the hood up!"--I'm not sure it that's good or bad), I can show you the worst FO pic ever.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I had it all wrapped up and was about to put tape on the package when I realized I hadn't taken of a picture of it assembled. I only had about 5 minutes before I had to leave the house, so I just dropped it on the floor, pointed, and clicked. Nothing artistic to see here.* I'll do a better job at Thanksgiving, when I can actually get a picture of my sister wearing it.

Specs:
Pattern: Rogue, by Jenna Wilson
Yarn: Bartlett Rangeley 2-Ply, in Blackberry, 6 skeins. Purchased from the online shop formerly known as Knitpixie. (Shut up, Knitpicks.) I loved the sheepy, lanolin-y goodness of this yarn, and have already bought more for MY Rogue. The color was all but impossible to photograph--here it's too blue; in other shots it's too pink--but suffice it to say I made blackberry cobbler more than once when I was knitting this sweater because the color was so delicious-looking.
Needles: Addi Turbos, size 7, 32"
Mods:Added length to both sleeves and body--although not enough on th body, as it turned out. You might notice above that I left the bottom ribbing down rather than hemming it up--I was convinced, even after I added 2 cable repeats to the body, that it would be too short, and as it turns out I would have been right. When I make mine I will add 4 cable repeats; possibly even 5.
Started: Tuesday, September 14
Finished: Saturday, October 15
Recipient: Courtney, for her 28th birthday.

*Except possibly the charming gift tag I made.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's lovely! I SO want to be your sister right now.

11/06/2005 1:48 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

The Rogue looks awesome - and I think its good to feel like a star wars character!

11/07/2005 2:37 PM  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

SuperAmazingGorgeous - your sis is soooo lucky!

11/07/2005 3:15 PM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Gorgeous - lucky girl your sister is!! I can't wait to see a modelled shot. And the gift tag just puts it right over the top. Love it.

11/07/2005 3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! You have one lucky sister. And that tag is just too sweet.

11/09/2005 7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! You don't have to pose that sweater to see that it is beautiful!

11/09/2005 8:47 AM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

Fabulous! I love it, can't wait to see a picture of the recipent wearing it!

11/10/2005 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home