Sunday, October 09, 2005

Weekend Knitting

In between bouts of grading, exam writing, and keeping-up-with-the-syllabus reading this weekend, I've been quite the tricoteuse. First, I started my Rogue sleeves. In the end I decided not to do them in the round, but only because it turns out that I only have one size 7 circ, and I was too lazy to go buy another one. Sad but true. Instead I decided to knit both sleeves at one time. Since I'm going to be tinkering with length (I need to add about 2 inches) I thought it would be a good idea to make sure I tinker at the same time and in the same places on both, and there is no guarantee that I will do that if I knit the sleeves separately, because y'all know that I am challenged with the maths. I'm at row 35 of the chart, which doesn't look like much, I have to confess. I console myself with remembering that if I were only knitting one sleeve I would have gotten twice as far.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I also would've gotten quite a bit farther if I had not digressed into a new project:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ruffles! This was originally intended as a gift, but I am obsessed with it and feel that I might very well keep it for myself.

You might wonder why my radiator features so prominently in these pictures. It is to mark the fact that, much to my shame and disgust, I turned on my heat this weekend. The heat! At the beginning of October! But when you're sitting around the house in wool socks, a fleece jacket and a hat, and you're still cold? The heat must be turned on. But for the record, I only turned it up to 64. Take that, winter.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still love Rogue. That is such a great color. Although it now has competition from Ruffles' color.
And radiators? You're in the great north now. You should've needed your heat weeks ago.

10/10/2005 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rogue is looking great! Exactly my colour. You don't plan on sending this one to me as well * wink wink* ??

Hope Bailey gets well soon!

10/10/2005 4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brrr. Now's the time to finish up with Rogue, pull it on, and huddle by the radiator for warmth. At least, that's what I'd be doing. Of course, I wore a jacket all day because it was wet and only in the high 60s.

10/10/2005 5:21 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

I've been resisting the ruffles scarf for a while now, but it this may be the last straw! It looks so cozy and warm there on the radiator. What yarn are you using? Maybe Zara?

10/10/2005 8:01 PM  
Blogger Carola said...

The radiator makes a very neat background for displaying knitted items. Contributes to their warming qualities somehow.
I think I will stick to the both sleeves at the same time idea as well. I'm always facing the problem to count and recount all the changes I've made. So this looks like a promising strategy. Specially for long-term projects.
The colour of the 'ruffles' is adorable. Keep it for yourself!

10/11/2005 9:54 AM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Your rogue is lookin real good - love that color! And Bailey is such a monkey - I can't believe she chewed out her stitches...I guess it must have been itching. Still though - I cannot imagine your vet bill...yikes!

10/11/2005 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home