Thursday, September 22, 2005

This Just In: Socks!

A super-soggy, super-crappy first day of fall:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

What could make it better? Why, socks, of course!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My sock pal turned out to be Beth, and she sent some incredibly pretty and comfy socks. Thay are made of Cascade Fixation, which I am a fan of, and they have a lovely lacy pattern:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And as if such awesome socks were not a sufficient treat, Beth also included lots of little gifties with them:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Harlot's second bookbookbook, fun sticky stars to use on student papers (well, she didn't say they were for that, but I might just do it to be funny), a pretty blue pouch, perfect for knitting accoutrements, and best of all, sone extremely useful miniature things:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A tiny calculator, perfect for those of us who cannot do the maths, a super-handy retractable tape measure, and a little pair of safety scissors, all of which were immediately transferred to my knitting bag after the photo shoot.

In short, Beth ROCKS, and also, she is redesigning the Union Square Pullover to get rid of the one feature I didn't like in that pattern, i.e. the weird flap on the neck. So not only is she a great sock pal, she is a woman of excellent taste.

Also rockin' and tasteful is , of course, Alison, who organized the whole shebang. Thanks Alison! I'm ready for Round 3!

6 Comments:

Blogger KnittenKnots said...

I love fun mail! Nice socks.

9/22/2005 3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy the smiling portrait of Snickers S. in pic. #2. Speaking of cute pictures, make sure you see the baby panda on amanda panda's site.

9/23/2005 12:31 AM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

Hooray - I'm so glad you liked the socks and the rest of the goodies! Have a great weekend. I'm hoping to do my Union Square Market redesign this weekend so I'll let you know when I get it finished up!

9/23/2005 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great socks. And the gifties are so cool!

9/23/2005 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cha ching! gorgeous socks for you! perfect for a rainy day!

9/23/2005 4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such lovely socks and goodies - you lucky duck! I love the stitch pattern on the socks. You got yourself a good pal!

9/27/2005 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home