Sunday, September 18, 2005

Skill Set: Experienced, with Advanced Cables

I've been slogging through loads of work this week, and spent all of yesterday at a football game (since I am now just two hours away from the dear alma mater), but I have still been finding time here and there to get a start on my newest gift project. Is it starting to look familiar?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

All I have to say about it so far is that I feel like a complete ass for not knitting one sooner. A, it's so much fun to knit, what with seeing what the cables will do next; B, the pattern is so clearly written; and C, with Shedir and the Pretzel Cable Socks under my belt, I can actually read the charts, rather than having to look up each symbol as I come across it. Hey--I am experienced with advanced cables! I'll be knitting myself one as well, I think--I have some Aurora 8 stashed away that would make a delightful version.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Bailey says: "Compulsively lick your lovely sheepy knitting, with delicious lanolin and interesting bits of nature in it? I wouldn't dream of it."

Bailey is a liar.

6 Comments:

Blogger cmeknit said...

Hey, what is it? Obviously I haven't knit one either! I love the cables:)

9/18/2005 6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to knit Rogue for about a year, and it's still on the to do list, but then I got distracted by the newer model. Yours is looking great, can't wait to see how it turns out.

9/18/2005 10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, oh, I am so making Rogue and Eris at some point. Like maybe after I finish Shedir. You are definitely experienced with advanced cables if you knit those at a football game; they look fantastic!!

9/19/2005 12:33 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see more. Glad you got a chance to go to a football game this weekend... one of my favorite things to do!

9/19/2005 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um? What is Rogue and where do i find the pattern?? Its looks really nice! Thanks for the b-day wishes!

9/19/2005 4:41 PM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Oooh...pretty! Rogue is so on my list later this year. Don't have the yarn yet but the pattern is in my possession so there is no stopping me. Bailey made me laugh with her little fib today. Dogs are not very good liars.

9/21/2005 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home