Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Slobbery Kisses

That is what Bailey sends to all of you to thank you for all the virtual love. She is doing fine now, and putting some weight on the paw (more than I'd like her to actually; I'm not sure she knows her own limits). We had a followup visit at the vet yesterday, during which she was rebandaged in stylish pink, and she has learned to put the padded club that is her right paw to excellent use as a rawhide holder:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Because if you're Bailey, it's all about how best to cram your face full of the cured skin of a cow.

In knitting news, I am about 28 rows into the first hood chart of Rogue, and I think it's looking pretty good:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The body absolutely flew compared to the hood though, so I think I'm going to knit the sleeves in the round. I've decided I'm not a slow knitter, I'm a slow purler. Why is that? It's basically the same motion. Maybe I should learn continental. Anyhoo, I don't have an immediate deadline for this Rogue, but I'd like to get it finished as quickly as possible so that I can start mine! (Or some other sweater for me.) Because people? It's fall.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Mmmmmmm. Fall.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Rogue is looking so good! I've been catching the sweater-bug too. Must be a seasonal thing.

9/27/2005 8:53 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I'm a slow purler too (seriously). I tried to knit left-handed but the learning curve was too steep for me that I kept going back to the right. Same with knitting backwards.

9/27/2005 8:53 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Oh, Ashley. You gotta rub my nose in it with that picture of the fall foliage. You wanna know how hot it was in Austin today? Do you??? Never mind. I think you can guess. ;-)

9/27/2005 8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why guess hot it was when I can confirm: It was 105 today. And will be 103 tomorrow. Seriously. This place su-hucks so bad that sometimes you gotta add an h. Then again, it is Austin and it's wonderful and full of tacos...but still, no fall. It's enough to make you cry.

9/27/2005 11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater is flying along. And it's such a pretty color. Did I miss what yarn you're using? If I ever finish Eris, I'm going to move on to Rogue, but I'm still not sure what yarn to use. Of course, this all hinges on my finding the time to finish Eris...

9/28/2005 12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rogue is beautiful!! I love that yarn, too! It makes me want to knit one even though I have never even attempted a cable!

9/28/2005 11:06 AM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

I'm so glad Bailey is feeling better - and I love her hot pink bandage!

Your rogue looks great. I'm hoping this cooler weather will motivate me to pull my rogue vest out of the basket and finish up the sleeves.

9/28/2005 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very stylin', Bailey!
And Rogue looks fantastic. I hope it's finished soon so you can make one for you.
Mmmm.... fall....

9/28/2005 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home