Friday, September 23, 2005

This also just in: Treats from my pal!

While I was still basking in the excitement of my new socks and assorted treats yesterday, the dorbell rang again--and it was so thundery that Bailey did not even crawl out from under the bed to confront her perpeual nemesis, UPS Man. Lucky thing too, because then he might have taken away my package, which contained even more treats--this time from my secret pal:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There's a fun Halloween bag, which I will be using to hand out the candy next month (and by "hand out" I mean "buy lots and eat it all myself"), hand lotion, lip balm and a candle in Warm Vanilla Sugar, one of my favorite smells, and some gorgeous fall sock yarn. See how fall-appropriate it is?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm thinking this might be just the thing for some dad socks. Hmm.

Thanks pal! You made my day twice over!

A final note, to be filed under "Things That Are Annoying About Moving": I have no matches. I know I had matches at my old house in Austin, but now I have none. Where did they go? And how am I supposed to light candles? Dammit.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suspect you don't have matches because you haven't gone out to froo-froo bars like Saba lately...

things in the ATX are weirdly calm. ACL is still f-ing hot...no rain, it looks like, until Monday maybe. came home yesterday covered in filth like i've never been. And 2 lovely more days ahead...whew!

more soon!

vim

9/24/2005 10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you liked your goodies!! I thought the sock yarn was very fallish. have a great week! SP

9/24/2005 11:01 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

What a great present from your SP! Its all so so so nice!

9/24/2005 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool beans!
And good luck finding matches...

9/24/2005 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home