Monday, October 03, 2005

And this is why, in real life, people sometimes perceive me as unfriendly.

In this picture?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I was making a conscious effort to smile. And yet all I have on is bitchface. Sigh.

Oh. I also have on my new Shedir, made of 1.5 balls of Rowan Calmer in Coffee Bean. I doubled the 1x1 ribbing at the bottom and threw in a turning row to make it less chemo cap and more watch cap. I like it quite a bit. As you can tell from how much I'm smiling.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

7 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

Wow! The hat looks beautiful. But I wouldn't want to run into YOU in a dark alley. ;-)

10/03/2005 12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the hat! I also like how you doubled the 1x1 ribbing. Great idea.

10/03/2005 7:20 AM  
Blogger Carola said...

Great hat! I like the coffee bean colour and also your idea of making it longer. Gee, what a nice example for misapprehension: "the girl is not mad at me, she is smiling at me!" ;-)

10/03/2005 10:16 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Your Shedir looks great... I love that particular color of Calmer. And I always find it difficult to smile for photos of knitted things as well... :)

10/03/2005 10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great hat! I like the modifications.
(I think the, um, smile speaks for itself...)

10/03/2005 12:49 PM  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

I love the hat!

Your comment about 'bitchface' made me laugh so hard... Mine is so legendary that my father wanted it captured in my senior picture. Yep, a bazillion years later it's still on his desk.

10/03/2005 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen your smile, and I can't really believe that you're trying that hard in the first shot. Clearly, Bailey wasn't around to look at. Next time, think of Sarah Vowell or David Sedaris' stadium buddy, then snap the pic.

10/03/2005 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home