Thursday, November 03, 2005

UFOs On Parade

I've had a little case of knitting ADD since finishing Hourglass. There's been a lot to do at work lately, and my free time has been somewhat limited, which has made it hard for me to commit to much of anything. There's lots of things I should be doing, but although I've picked all of them up, I haven't really been feeling any of them.

I could finish up The World's Worst Mittens,

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

which I began last Thanksgiving. Don't think they're The World's Worst Mittens?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

What about now? Those are headed for the frog pond, I think.

Instead, I could pick up my poor neglected Ruffles,

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

which I would like to finish before spiral scarves are no longer trendy, but I've had to screen a lot of movies for my classes lately, and knitting in the dark isn't conducive to short rows.

On the Dutiful Daughter front, I really should get back to work on my dad's birthday vest,

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

which has been frogged back to the armhole shaping, and now needs to be re-knit with 2 extra inches.

But first, I should get going on the socks I promised my mom for Mother's Day. Unfortunately I let her pick out her own yarn

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and it kind of makes me want to die.

So instead, je vous presente:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

H2. Hourglass the Second. In Elann's Peruvian Collection Baby Cashmere, held doubled. This time, with the folded-over hems.

Joelle Hoverson, you have created a monster.

8 Comments:

Blogger MeBeth said...

I thought those mittens were so cute, until...

Hmmm, perhaps you are getting a kickback from Joelle for every hourglass convert? I am definitely at risk of tossing aside (again) my other projects and jumping on the hourglass train.

11/03/2005 11:29 AM  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

Ha! Those mittens look like a frog is wearing them in the second photo!

Love the new hourglass color... good luck!

11/03/2005 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um... i think my mittens beat your mittens for the world's worst... check out my blog

11/03/2005 3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you liking the hand of the doubled baby cashmere? I tried to knit something with two strand of it last year and really didn't care for how it turned out, although I loved it when I used only one strand. It may have been my gauge or the pattern. Is it working well for you?

11/03/2005 4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you showed the second mitten picture. My 1st reaction: cute mittens! 2nd reaction: huh? 3rd reaction: Oh. What a bummer. Nice to turn to the trusty hourglass for comfort...

11/03/2005 9:29 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Wow! Um, sheer mittens! Can you felt them? Oh, but maybe then they'd only fit your pinkie. Never mind.

11/03/2005 10:50 PM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

LOL! I love the rationale behing H2! It's what I would have done too... ;-)

11/04/2005 9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the mittens _would_ have been nice if they didn't let all the air in.
I'm looking forward to the second Hourglass. Congratulations on finding a pattern you love!

11/04/2005 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home