Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Two good things, and one bad thing

Good Thing #1: A while ago I donated a basket to the Give a Little prize pool, and sent it off to Sara in Oregon, who appears, sadly, to be blogless. When I got home from work today there was a wee envelope in my mailbox, and I thought to myself "oh, a thank-you note. How nice!" And indeed it was, but Sara also included these gorgeous stitch markers, which literally made me catch my breath they're so pretty.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thank you Sara! These are going to be right up there with my hands-down favorite stitch markers, which I got in trade from Gaile. (Gaile sells hers on Etsy--go see!)

Good Thing #2: There are three yarn shops in my relatively immediate area--one is right in my neighborhood, and the other two are each about 15 minutes away, in opposite directions. I've been to the neighborhood one, and one of the far away ones, and decided, because it is grey and crappy, that I should stop at the third one on my way home from school, you know, just to see. And pet. (There was a funny sign on the loom in the store that said "Student work in progress! Please do not pet!" Becuase they know how we are.) Of course I meandered over to the sale bin right away, stuck my hand in, encountered extreme softness, and pulled out this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Mountain Colors 100% Superfine Cashmere. For 30 percent off! When is cashmere 30 percent off? So I bought it. There's only 96 yards, but I think that should be enough to do some little fingerless gloves with, or maybe a tiny kerchief a la Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Or I might never knit it at all, and instead just pet it and pet it. I heart you cashmere!

Bad Thing: Bailey has to have a THIRD surgery! Her little pad is cut right in half, and it just won't heal--so on Thursday they are going to put her under and stitch it up AGAIN and then put her in some kind of compression mitt that hopefully will keep her foot immobile. Sigh. But in the meantime, she is sporting a new stylish wrap over her cast:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Purple and stars is ever so much better than neon pink and hearts, if you ask me.

10 Comments:

Blogger MeBeth said...

Poor Bailey! She looks so stoic in these photos, especially with her new sporty wrap. I hope she isn't in a lot of pain.

10/11/2005 7:56 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Poor, poor Bailey and poor you! Is she doing okay? Have you had to remortgage your house yet to pay for her paw?

10/11/2005 8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely markers, lovely yarn. And because of the way my computer screen adds a bit of pixelated texture to photos, I could swear it looks like Bailey is wearing a handknit little purple castwarmer. But you're not that much of a crazy knitter, right?

10/11/2005 11:48 PM  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

Beautiful stitch markers and excellent score.

Bailey? ::sigh:: Too bad you couldn't put her on your health insurance plan - this is probably really cutting into your stash funds, no?

10/12/2005 9:07 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

Love all your new goodies! That is so stinky about Bailey. She looks so happy in that picture still :) Glad you are taking such good care of her!

10/12/2005 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, thanks for the advertising! I hope Bailey's foot heals up soon. Maybe you can get some advice from Norma on some natural/herbal remedies you can give Bailey to help the healing process? She's got all the info for humans, I wonder if she has some for four legged friends too?

10/12/2005 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm... Cashmere...
The one yarn store where I've seen cashmere, the yarn is so expensive that even 50% off wouldn't tempt me. So, nice catch, there!
I hope Miss Bailey's new surgery goes well. She does look very stoic despite the trouble.

10/12/2005 12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor Bailey! Cuts on paws can be a real bitch (no pun intended).

10/12/2005 4:45 PM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Oh no Bailey...that just plain stinks. Poor pup - that is just rotten luck that she stepped on whatever it was that cut her. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery from this next surgery. Nice score on the cashmere by the way... ;-)

10/13/2005 3:10 PM  
Blogger The Stitchin' Sheep said...

Mmm... cashmere. I, too have fallen prey to its soft and sensual seduction recently. Mine's not 100% cashmere (never even laid a hand on that stuff, actually), but it sho is gooooood.

And, poor Bailey. Got to hand it to her, though. She's doing it all with a smile.

10/16/2005 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home