Friday, July 22, 2005

Where have I been?

Well, a little bit here:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But mostly here:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Packing is a bitch. But, as you might notice, at least I have the happiness of packing in boxes that were once full of delicious yarn. I happened to show up at my LYS on recycling day, and snagged the giant pile of boxes they had sitting out from the fall shipments. I hope they have more when I go back because I have A LOT of stuff, as it turns out.

Case in point:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yikes. Of course, organizing the stash is more pleasant than packing the stash, but it's all relative. It was kind of frightening to see how many projects I have in the pipeline because, yes, honestly, almost all of that yarn has a specific project attached to it, but apparently I have not had the gumption to knit any of them. Which means I better hurry up and finish my Sockpal Socks and my Secret Gift Project so that I can get some sweater-knitting underway.

To that end, after I sorted everything by weight and fiber, I left out the yarn that will be accompanying me to Michigan in the car:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed for SGP
Lorna's for Sockpal Sock #2
Koigu for Broadripple #2
Handpainted Yarn Bulky Merino in Rhodesian for Honey, from the Rowan Ribbon Twist collection. I.E. Winter Sweater #1. Should be a pretty quick knit, what with the size 17 needles and all. 17s! Ha!

I know I'm behind on answering emails and comments--I'll be back up to speed soon!

6 Comments:

Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Cool stash!! I love seeing what other people have - lots of colors catching my eye that is for sure...hiya Bailey peeking from behind the bed!

7/22/2005 3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So organized! I love stash pictures... they make me feel like I am not alone in my hoarding. :) Good luck with the packing!

7/23/2005 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah! You have projects attatched to all your yarn! That's nothing! Just wait until you start buying stuff just because it's... *pretty*.
(Yes, it's probably safe to ignore the jealous (of organization) person in the third comment...)

7/23/2005 8:20 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

I love your large stash! Hope moving isn't too stressful... Catch you on the other side!

7/26/2005 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my. darling, that is a lot of yarn. when are you actually off?

7/26/2005 4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ashley? bailey? are you there?

8/04/2005 4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home