Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Sock Whore! Sock Whore!

A couple of weeks ago, Dani was auctioning off some of her beautiful hand-dyed sock yarn to benefit the Preemie Project, and I ended up as the high bidder. Which was awesome, because even though Dani posted the kool-aid formula for the yarn, let's face it: I'm way too lazy to do it myself, especially when somebody else has already done it for me. (And it helps charity, people. Charity!) Plus it was totally worth it because the yarn is so pretty. See?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I swear I only meant to wind it into two balls and put it in a ziploc so it could travel to Michigan safely, but I accidentally might have made a toe.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Because clearly, two pairs of socks going at once are not sufficient.

6 Comments:

Blogger MC said...

Alright, you seem to know something about socks. Is it easier to make socks from the toe up? I have tried the other way, and I have to tell you, I am having trouble with it. Any advice? I yearn to make socks (right now, I only do hats and scarves), but I want to make it as easy as possible.

Thanks!

7/05/2005 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you now have three socks on the needles... but really, how could you resist?

7/06/2005 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm... earth day socks.
By the way? Ice rink in a mall? So funny.

7/06/2005 1:34 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

Oh I love the socks! I hope they come out great! Thanks for your stitchie markers once again! You are the best :)

7/06/2005 1:43 PM  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

Those socks are going to be beautiful! I came here via Dani - and now I'm wondering about starting socks from the toe up, too. That seems to be the best way to use up all of your yarn to make really looooong socks!

7/07/2005 1:52 PM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

hee hee! "I might have accidentally knit a toe." Not sure why but that struck me as hilariously funny. :-) Almost choked on my drink of water. I'm liking the stripes on those socks already - they're gonna be very nice. And the broadripple socks are looking good too - I hear ya on the knitting in the dark. Sometimes a very good thing - sometimes not so much.

7/07/2005 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home