Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Baby Knittin'

My friend Jodi just sent me these pictures of her new little baby Arden all decked out in stuff I knit for her:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The baby hat from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (as with everything in that book, charming, but not really last-minute. You want me to make HOW much i-cord for that tie?) and

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

a cabled blanket of my own design, if by design you mean "I cast on a bunch of stitches and started cabling." Actually, that blanket represents my first extended experience with both cables and mattress stitch, and I feel like it taught me well. Both items are in the discontinued Mission Falls 1824 Cotton, Lemongrass and Snow, and are nice and nubbly.

I also tie-dyed the t-shirt that Arden is wearing in the hat picture, because Jodi had a Very Crafty Baby Shower, which is the only kind to have really. Jodi is also the only person outside my family that I knew who knitted before I had the imaginary internet friends, so she is very reassuring to have around. We lived together for years and years until she left me and our other roommate Eliana and got married, and then we had the Worst Roommate Ever after that. Thanks a LOT, Jodi. But way to churn out the kid. I don't want any of my own, but it's nice to knit for other people's.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww!

Now I myself do not have kidlets and with my ovaries coming dangerously close to drying up and blowing away, I'm fairly sure I will never breed. Yet I need someone in my life who is churning out the cuteness so I can also make baby things!

How much do I love that you made a tie-dye shirt for the baby! so cute!

I also have issues with both Last-Minute Knitted Gifts and Weekend Knitting ... because apparently others' definitions of "last minute" and "weekend" vary wildly from my own. ahem.

Again: Baby. So, so cute. Cabled blanket? First time try? AMAZING.

6/22/2005 7:32 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Ashley, that blanket is also perfect for Cotton-Ease! Publish that pattern - stat!

6/22/2005 11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that baby blanket!!! Great design!!
-SP

6/23/2005 2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really cute! Love the blanket :-) I'm trying to decide on a blanket pattern for our little one... this may be the perfect idea!

6/23/2005 8:16 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Adorable!!! Both the knits and the baby :)

6/23/2005 8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh both things are beautiiful, I especially like the blanket.

6/23/2005 12:14 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

You are such a wonderful friend! Its all so beautiful! I love that blanket too.. You did a great job :)

If and when I have kids, you are welcome to knit lots for me :)!

6/23/2005 2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeh i dont know which side of the 'babies/no babies' side of the debate I come down on.

6/24/2005 5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly lovely blanket & I too love the tie dyed shirt for baby. One of my DD's friends made some tie dyed onesies for her baby shower & that inspired her to make more. My DGS looked SO CUTE in them (but then I am an old '60's hippie!)

7/26/2005 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home