Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Rounding second....heading for home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

One down, one to go. Although I think I might redo the two-color ribbing: it's 4x2 right now, but I think it would be better as 3x1, and it maybe should be an inch longer for the proportions to be right. I already redid it from 2x2, though, so it might just stay as it is. We'll see how lazy I feel when I'm done with the second one.

Let it be noted that I was working diligently on this sock during the Sox-Indians game last night. I lapsed in the 8th, though, and put it down to rest my hands, at which point the Indians scored two runs to tie the game. I picked it back up and started knitting furiously, and as I did my boy Johnny Damon banged home two to cinch the win.

Behold: the power of the Red Sox Sox.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

That's so cute! You did a great job. :)

6/22/2005 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute, and perfect, I'm sure, for chilly Michigan. I'd imagine wool socks in Austin are pretty much for decoration and three cold days out of the year. But you'll get lots of use out of them in your snowy new home, right?

6/22/2005 9:56 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

THat is so awesome! I love those! I am sure everyone here in Boston would flip right now over those :)

6/22/2005 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that sock! I may have to make a pair of those myself...

Which technique did you use for your short rows? I always seem to get little holes, or at least weird lumps on mine--yours look very nice & neat.

6/22/2005 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks. I live very, very close to St. Louis, and I must admit last year I was secretely cheering on the Red Sox. They just deserved it more!

6/22/2005 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great sock! and they have such awesome power. What will the team do when you're done with the sock & are no longer knitting??

6/22/2005 2:07 PM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

haha! Behold - the mighty power of the handknit sock...go Sox!

6/22/2005 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're perfect!

I love the way the ribbing worked out, it's very modern and cute, so chic!

I agree, you have no holes in your short rows. This is ACCOMPLISHMENT!

p.s. I need magic knits, too. something with voodoo good power ;)

6/22/2005 7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm.... I love Johnny Damon....
-SP

6/23/2005 2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home