Friday, May 27, 2005

Is it still Sleeve Island if you only have sleeves?

Here I present evidence that I am indeed participating in what the fabulous Anna has referred to as our non-committal, "meh"-type shrug-along. Which I quote directly from her because it made me laugh and laugh. And is true.

The directions for this shrug say that it is sized for a "close, body-conscious fit." Yeah--if you're an Olsen twin, maybe, or Lindsay Lohan. Those of us with the boobies? Need to do a little work. So here we are, after much knitting, tinkering, resizing: the first half of the Regency Defense Shrug:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

During the shoot that produced the above photo, Marc also captured this massively charming shot of Bailey, with which I will leave you for the time being.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Please put treats in my red bone!"

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That shrug looks really cute. Shrugs, like ponchos, are so not for me, but I like to see them on other people. What yarn are you using?

5/27/2005 9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey is so cute!!
-SP

5/27/2005 11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bailey doesn't need me to enable her. But dahling the shrug!!! its going to be just wonderful you really must persist. does the neck edge have any kind of edging? i wear my T which is the same colour with blue, green, turquoise: my favourite colourscheme this summer.

5/28/2005 5:45 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

That shrug looks adorable and so does Bailey! I feel your pain for the extra work you need to put in... I have the same problem! Have a good long weekend...

5/28/2005 6:53 AM  
Blogger The Stitchin' Sheep said...

Oh, you're blog is making me feel homesick for Austin - the last place I lived (and the place I felt most at home) before skipping the country for good. If I hadn't fallen madly in love with someone wanting to drag me away from there, I might be finishing up a dissertation from UT Austin, too. I did manage to get my master's from there, at least. I have great memories of my time there.

5/29/2005 10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness that's a cute photo, I hope he got treats in his bone for that wonderful pose.

6/01/2005 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dog is, quite possibly, the cutest thing I have seen ALL WEEK! Such a sweet little face there - he needs a cookie!

6/02/2005 5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dog is, quite possibly, the cutest thing I have seen ALL WEEK! Such a sweet little face there - she needs a cookie!

6/02/2005 5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home