Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Opinions Please!

I sewed up the lining for Via and pinned it in in preparation for (ick) hand-sewing it, but I'm still not sure it's quite the right thing. But I'm pretty sure that part of my hesitation is that I have a pair of pajamas that have a fairly similar print to the lining material, so every time I look at it I think, what are my pajamas doing in there? So, objective readers, what do y'all think?

Here's how it'll mostly look when it's being carried around (it looks a little lumpy b/c I need to shorten the lining a bit):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here's a closeup.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So: Yuck? Good? Good enough?

Generally non-commenting Austin friends, feel free to weigh in here, since you actually know the recipient.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it's good. the colours on the fabric look maybe a little bright and luminescent against the very matt and muted bag, but you know, the fabric will dull down very quickly. and the little violas are just too sweet, i long for bathroom wallpaper with those on.

6/08/2005 6:32 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I think we own the same pj's. :)

I love the bag and the lining!!

6/09/2005 12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the lining, it goes well with the outside of the bag.

But if you'll just keep thinking pajamas, then maybe a different lining would suit you better, but I like the floral and the pattern of the outside together very much.

6/09/2005 2:47 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

My bag did the exact same thing with it being lumpy. Did you try tacking it down into the bottom corners?

6/09/2005 4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the lining too, but I also do not have matching pjs. Additionally, I have a soft spot for pansies/violas, purple & pink, so I may not be the most unbiased commentor. On the other hand, if you're gifting it, I don't think you need to worry about _your_ pjs, just the giftee's!

6/09/2005 10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got to be honest, I'm not loving the lining... The bag is so great and a bit sophisticated for the flowery lining. But who cares what I think, what really matters is if you like it!

6/10/2005 7:44 AM  
Blogger melcauble said...

I love the bag! What is the pattern?

6/10/2005 9:31 AM  
Blogger Ashbloem said...

I dig the lining.

6/10/2005 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home