Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Me? Impatient?

Yeah. To no one's surprise, there was no Pakucho Organic Cotton at the yarn store, but honestly, I did not feel one little bit like waiting around for it to be shipped (even from speedy Elann-love you Elann!), so I did what any sensible & impatient knitter would do: bought a skein of Knit 1 Crochet 2 Cottonade and just finished the thing off in a different color (a la Anna, but without the flair). The jury? Out.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I don't know if it's the pattern, the yarn combo, or what, but I'm just not really feeling it. I'll sit on it for a while, but I might send it to my sister to see if she likes it better than I do.

Speaking of my sister, June 28 is a double party in Nothin' But Knit-land: it's my sister and brother-in-law's anniversary

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Who doesn't love a Duck Tour?

and Marc's birthday (29! Such an infant.)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Bailey says, "I love my Uncle Marc so much it makes me pee! But not on the couch."

I'm off to make some key lime ice cream to celebrate.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dog Miss Bailey looks exactly like my dog, Molly Mabel Miller. Molly is a dachshund/chihuahua who also loves to pee when she is excited - separated at birth? ;)

6/28/2005 4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you make key lime ice cream? We have a local ice cream place that makes key lime pie ice cream by taking a whole key lime pie and mixing it into the ice cream. Or something like that. I was never too clear on the process, but I know it involved an entire key lime pie. Yummm...

The one skein wonder looks way cute, by the way. I think it's a keeper.

6/28/2005 5:20 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

Key lime ice cream! Count me in! (Though I am lactose intolerant, so can you nix the cream??!!).

Duck tours! Yay! Those are so cool, though I have yet to go on one...

Shrugs, yeah, I am not much of a shrug person myself.. I have huge broad shoulders and think that they would make them look even more enormous...Though, I think they look cute on other people. If you aren't happy with it, its always a great gift!

6/28/2005 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

psst... keep an eye out for a package in the next couple of days, miss secret pal! I hope you like the stuff... I plan on sending more for a b-day present!

6/29/2005 3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your one (or two plus) skien shrug is pretty cute! I like the different color trim on it :-)

6/29/2005 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo... Key lime ice cream... mmmmm, drool...
The shrug looks good in the pictures (you know. A little reassurance is always a good thing *grin*).

6/29/2005 11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if it were me, i'd try just frogging back a couple of rows on the trim, so it's just a little contrast edge, not too chunky, before i gave up on it. but sisters are always great for passing things on to: 'here... wear this... or, give it to someone else. i never want to see it again.'

6/29/2005 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home