Monday, June 27, 2005

One skein my ass.

This weekend I thought I'd jump on the knitblogger bandwagon-du-jour and whip out a One Skein Wonder (do you really need the link?). Alas, I was TOTALLY THWARTED. Because I did figure I would need more than one skein, so I bought two of the Pakucho Organic Cotton from Elann while I was buying some other stuff for a project to be discussed later, thinking that since I needed 175 yards for my size, and 2 skeins of the cotton was 176, I would be a-ok. Tight, but OK.

Nope.

Here's how far I got:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The seed stitch of one sleeve got done, but barely. Here's how much yarn was left after I bound off:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The other sleeve and the ribbing remain unfinished. I have to go out to do some errands this afternoon, so I think I'll pop into the yarn store to see if there is any chance that they carry this yarn, although I'm pretty sure they don't--so I'll have to wait for another shipment from Elann before I can finish this up. Luckily, they ship fast, because this is going to be a very cute and useful little shrug, albeit tee-tiny.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

aw, man, that sucks. but another shipment from elann can't be a bad thing. :)

6/28/2005 7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same problem and used more like a full two skeins plus a little - but the pattern is so cute I'll forgive it!

6/28/2005 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to Tara! I hope Elann still has your yarn!

6/28/2005 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what a pain. I've had that happen several times, so anymore I figure out what I need, then purchase 2 extra skeins, no matter what the project.

6/28/2005 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home