Friday, July 01, 2005

Thanks Secret Pal!

Bailey and I came home from the dog park this morning to find a very exciting Secret Pal Package waiting for us! (I say "us" not (just) because I'm a crazy dog lady but because there were presents for Bailey too).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Look at that! Beautiful Mango Moon sari yarn, pretty cotton yarn in a tweedy teal (perfect for socks!, a set of homemade stitch markers, a cool card with a knitted border that will be very handy as a bookmark (pal, you're going to have to tell me how to do that!), and that puffy blue thing in front, which actually turns into a whole entire tank top!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And there was also salt water taffy, one of my faves, and something you don't really get in landlocked Austin, and best of all as far as Bailey is concerned, GREENIES! Bailey loves a greenie, but, since they cost an arm and a leg, is normally only allowed to have them after she eats gross stuff like cat poo because I cling to the belief that they actually clean her mouth out. Because they're toothbrushes, see?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That was a freebie, by the way--no cat poo was consumed before the eating of that greenie.

Thanks Secret Pal! I can't wait to figure out what I'm going to make with the yarns...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! I'm glad you liked your stuff! I made the stitch markers, but the card actually came from MY secret pal... I have No idea how it was made, but its pretty cool, huh? And since I don't have a dog of my own to spoil, I figured i would spoil yours! I'm not sure what you could make with the sari yarn (maybe a little handbag?), but I was thinking you would make socks with the teal stuff. I was so worried that you wouldn't like the shirt, too. I got one for myself... i couldn't resist!
-SP

7/02/2005 3:00 AM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Cooool!! This whole secret pal thing is awesome... Lucky you - that yarn is gorgeous. And lucky Bailey too - every dog needs a greenie once in a while. Trust me - I would know...keeping the cat litter box "secure" in our house has become a necessity. Gross, I know. Apologies to those reading who don't know the joys of living with dogs. ;-) Anyhow, your OSW from yesterday is really, really nice!! A blood orange was the perfect description for those colors. Love it. :-)

7/02/2005 11:17 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

What a great secret pal!!!! I love everything you got! how sweet to throw something in there for Bailey too :) Love the cat poo comment.. Happy 4th!!

7/04/2005 8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff! And boy isn't Bailey lucky. Abner loves those Green things too.

7/05/2005 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home