Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Weekend Stuff

Texas. The Fourth of July. 1 zillion degrees outside. What are a very bored girl and boy to do with their day off?

Why, go ice skating, of course!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was my genius idea, except that it turned out to be less than genius, because ice skating is HARD and makes you hot and sweaty, and even though you are standing on a giant ice cube, it is a giant ice cube in the middle of a mall, and it's still like 70 degrees in there. Afterwards we had to eat very big Blizzards to cool off.

I also worked in some knitting time this weekend. Having sat down with my sock pal's info and translated her measurements (centimetres) into American, I realized that, lo and behold, we have the same size feet! I don't know whether this is an astonishing coincidence, or a work of mad genius on Alison's part, but it is important information, because it helps me resolve my sock dilemma: I can make BOTH pairs, send my pal the pair that comes out better, and keep the other for myself! I started with the Koigu Broadripples:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I really like this pattern for this particular colorway, which I think of as very under-the-sea. I'm ready to work the heel, as soon as I rip and redo about six rows. (I tried to be all showoffy and knit in the dark as Marc and I plowed through Season 1 of Six Feet Under on DVD. Note to self: Don't do that anymore.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like that sock! You're right - the colorway is perfect with that pattern!

7/05/2005 9:46 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

Yay ice skating! What a great idea on such a hot day! I love the sock... very beautiful!

7/05/2005 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exeter has an ice skating rink on campus and there's been talk of ice skating lessons. I'm super excited. You don't get to do much ice skating in the South. The sock looks great. Can't wait to see how the next pair turns out.

7/05/2005 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home