Monday, July 11, 2005

Priorities

After surveying my vast sock wasteland (count: 1 finished Broadripple, 1.5 finished Red Sox Sox, .25 finished Earth Day Socks) over the weekend, I have realized that my compulsive sock startitis is going to have to take a backseat to my two deadline knitting projects: the Sockapal-2-za socks and a secret gift project, both of which should be finished by the beginning of September. Which, yes, that's a long way away, but here's the thing: I am a slooooow knitter. Dogged, but slow, especially when things involve cables and math and counting. So, to be on the safe side, I am temporarily setting aside all me-related sock projects and have gotten a move on the deadline projects. (Plus my hands hurt from all those tee-tiny needles.)

First, a periwinkle Lorna's foot:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm ready to start the cables up the sides, and will probably do so during Rockstar: INXS tonight. (Yay summer reality crap!)

And then the secret gift project. You won't see too much more of it than this until I actually get it to the recipient, but if you are in possession of the Spring 2005 IK, you can see the pattern on page 52.

I'm using Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed in Granary. This shot is pretty representative of color:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

but you can see the pattern better here:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So, two good-faith starts; I'm envisioning devoing alternating knitting days to them so that neither project feels neglected. And also to give my hands a break--let me tell you, Addi 6s feel like heaven after the 0s I'm using for the socks.

7 Comments:

Blogger alison said...

Love that periwinkle! Glad that the maths mess-up worked out so well. Sorry that my measurements confused you. :(

7/11/2005 10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha... "sock wasteland" :) I know what that feels like.

Whatever that gift project is, the yarn is awesome! Tweed yarns look so classy when they're all knit up.

7/12/2005 7:15 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

Yeah, socks are super addictive... I always want to start a bunch at the same time too.. Partly because I keep on buying and dying more yarn :)

7/12/2005 12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, you're so good - all that knitting for other people!
Can't wait to try size 0 needles. :-)

7/12/2005 2:26 PM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

Ok, I am cracking up...I am doing...well have ripped out..in search of more yarn...the same secret project on page 52 of spring IK! I love it! You start on it looks great!

7/12/2005 6:49 PM  
Blogger not veronica said...

Oooh, periwinkle was my absolute favorite Crayon color ... nice.

7/12/2005 10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh thats that thing, from IK. i want to make one for my Mr Raitte, only i don't think he'll want to wear it. he'd much prefer socks. bad luck on him eh? sometimes you just have to wear what you're told.

7/13/2005 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home