Saturday, July 09, 2005

Sockapal-whoops-a

Why, it's a finished Broadripple!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Doesn't it fit me well?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Good thing it does, because it doesn't fit my pal. Whoops. I had a moment of clarity wherein I realized that I think of my foot-length measurement the Priscilla Gibson-Roberts way, i.e. from the tip of the longest toe to the ankle bone (since that is where you stop knitting the foot and start making the heel). The Sockapal-2-za measurement, however, encompasses the whole length of the foot. So my pal's feet are actually the same length as my foot from toe to anklebone. The circumference is the same though--I'm not totally crazy.

So, the cabled periwinkle Lorna's it is. Actually, I kind of like having fate (or stupid maths) make this decision for me, since now I don't have to.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

I love that yarn and pattern. They look perfect on you.. nothing like a great fitting sock :)

7/10/2005 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for fate deciding for you! Pretty sock; can't wait to see the other one!

7/11/2005 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it does look nice on your foot! And really cruel the previous post, that food looks awesome!

7/11/2005 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home