Wednesday, July 13, 2005

My Genius Dog

For a graduation present, a bunch of my dear sweet friends gave me a month's worth of tuition to Bailey's dog school, which I was going to drop out of due to upcoming moving expenses. Well, their investment totally paid off. On Saturday, Bailey passed her AKC Canine Good Citizen test, and last night she passed her dog school exam to officially graduate from the Humaner Trainer Canine Academy (I know, I know--not only am I dorky enough to send my dog to school, I am dorky enough to blog about it. You knew that though.)

Anyway she did so well last night that she was allowed to bring home Purple Squeaky Man.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Purple Squeaky Man was Bailey's absolute nemesis during focus exercises--squeak that thing near her and she'll break a stay every time. But not last night! No siree. Now she is carrying Man around with her constantly, and, shockingly, has not eviscerated him yet. Perhaps she is turning over a new leaf? Or perhaps she just loves Man.

The cables on the Sockapal2za socks are coming along--the Lorna's is showing them nicely, see?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I think I might be done with this one by the end of the week. I had a breakthrough yesterday where I realized I didn't need the chart any more--that was satisfying, since it lets me go faster. But unfortunately, since the stitches are so small and fiddly, I do need a cable needle, which is slowing things down a bit. And what, you might ask, am I using for a cable needle on those tiny stitches? Well, they don't call it toothpick knitting for nothing.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

12 Comments:

Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Congratulations Bailey!!! Any dog who can resist the call of a squeaky toy is a wonder pup in my books! :-) Nicely done... I've got so much to comment on - let's start with socks. Periwinkle Sockapal2za - gorgeous! The LL yarn is really showing off the cables nicely and the toothpick cable needle(hee hee!). Broadripple - perfect fit and also gorgeous - I'm glad to hear that fate took over and kept you from having to decide between them. They are both so nice. And finally, the pencil case. That is by far the most charming pencil case/sock knitting holder I have ever seen. I mean a warthog wearing a dinner napkin - who could compete with that? Adorable. I had never thought of using a case like that for sock knitting - it's perfect to keep those tiny needles under wraps - I must be on the lookout for something similar.

7/13/2005 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So if your a dork for posting about your dogs graduation, I'm a total emotional psycho because I'm sitting here crying happy for Bailey! She looks so happy with her Man. What a good pooch. Congrats!

Also, love the sock, very cute.

7/13/2005 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those cables look great. Have you already mentioned what pattern you're using? If so, then I totally spaced and missed it, but whatever it is, it looks awesome.

7/13/2005 1:13 PM  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

Wheeee! Congrats to Bailey! I remember not so long ago the satisfaction of a good heel... and now Yuck Mouth walks right by runners without even looking their way.

7/13/2005 2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bailey is a GOOD DOG. i always knew it, now she has a Man to prove it.

i love those periwinkle socks. they're not for me, are they? so sad, so sad.

7/13/2005 3:45 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

Yay Bailey! I love it! If I could send my kitties to kitty school, they would be there! Its their birthday today too, they are now 1!

7/13/2005 4:11 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Yay for Bailey!!! I need to follow your lead and put my beasts in school. Bad mommy :(

The socks are looking GREAT!

7/13/2005 7:52 PM  
Blogger Lone Ranger said...

In my opinion, all animals with sharp fangs who are able to pee should go to school.

7/13/2005 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Bailey!

And the socks look fantastic. You're doing a great job. I love the toothpick stitch holder!

7/14/2005 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done, Bailey!

Thanks for all your nice comments, Ashley! Your socks are looking lovely.

7/14/2005 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! Congrats to Bailey!!
That sock looks great, too!! Congrats to you!
-SP

7/16/2005 11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way... how much longer do we need to keep up this SP charade??
-SP

PS>> Go SOX!

7/16/2005 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home