Saturday, February 25, 2006

bleurgh

Image hosting by Photobucket

Will it never end?

No wonder my knitting's been so drab lately.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Clockwise from bottom left:

1) The neck hug, worn daily since its completion.

2) Black watch cap, which exists as of this morning. Literally every single day this winter I have been irritated that I did not have a warm black hat, and literally every morning, my id and my superego would have the following conversation: "Dammit! I wish I had a black hat. I should just go buy one. No! You are not allowed to buy accessories when you have yarn for 1000000 hats in stash. But I don't have any blaaaaaaaaaaaack yarn. YES YOU DO. But it's not soooooooooooooooft enough. Dammit!" And then I would put on my crappy white hat from Target that doesn't fit and go about my day. Yesterday, I finally got fed up, parted with some of the Christmas gift certificate and picked up some more of that wildly overpriced but sinfully, insanely, addictively soft Rio de la Plata at the LYS. And voila, black hat. No pattern; I just, you know, knit a hat. With decreases and stuff.

3) A second pair of the Almost-Knee socks, in Lorna's semi-solid Chocolate. This is so I can take notes and write down the recipe to share. Also so that I can have a second pair.

And 4) The body of Hourglass, Part Deux, which has only been a sleeve since last you saw it.

So, individually, all things that I like a lot. But all together? What a pile of blah.

At least one of us has some color in her life:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Snake lifespan: three days and counting. Running a close second to Purple Squeaky Man in the Length of Time Before Eviscerated category.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And here I thought Boston was the only locale awash in "bleurgh" today.

There is no better reason to buy wildly overpriced yarn than for a practical accessory that will keep your brain from freezing over.

2/25/2006 2:41 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

With our lack of snow this year (other than that quickie blizzard) I'm actually pretty jealous of your cozy weather! (I never get tired of winter - I know I'm insane.)

2/26/2006 10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our weather has been freaky this year - relative warmth, followed by brain freezing cold snaps.

I just read your link about Bailey's genius - what a good dog! Soph is at the crazy end of the golden retriever personality spectrum. She is completely brainless unless she has a self-serving mission to complete. NO focus - she's not yet 2 yrs old though, so she is still full of ADHD. Woobies don't last more than 10min around here after her big-girl teeth came in.

2/26/2006 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're not that bleurgh-y! Lovely colors, just... quiet.

Bailey is too cute, in that "who, me?" kind of way.

And I *love* your neighborhood. Gorgeous.

2/26/2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

what beautiful pictures! I love all the colors in your current knitting projects. They go so well together too :) Aww, the pup picture just melts my heart!

2/27/2006 9:59 AM  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

It's 'bleurgh' here today, too. I agree with Cordelia, though, that pile looks quite nice and quiet. You're probably just tired of them 'cos you've been looking at them forever.

2/27/2006 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home