Saturday, February 18, 2006

Snug

It was 8 degrees outside today. Bailey and I stayed snug inside.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Specs:
Yarn:
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport, colorway Black Purl, 2 skeins
Needles: Clover Bamboo, size 2 for feet, 3 for legs and 7 for bindoff.
Pattern: My own.
Begun: January 23rd
Finished: February 17th
Notes: Next time, I will be investigating elastic thread to carry along with the ribbing.

This concludes our experiment, never to be repeated, with Lorna's variegated colorways. Except for something utterly beautiful, which I will show you tomorrow. In the meantime, go say hello to Philippa. She's new in town.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carola said...

Woohoo for finished socks! They look very pretty, are you going to reveal the pattern? It looks great.
I'm excited about your elastic thread experiment. Have only used it for hats so far. Knitting with it is tedious but the result has always been to my satisfaction. Why have I never thought about it for socks?!

2/18/2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

Love the socks! ...and great composition with Bailey and the window.

2/19/2006 2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey is ADORABLE!!!!!! And so are those socks!

2/19/2006 8:21 AM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Much as I actually really like your socks, I'm definitely with you on the variegated-colours-meets-lace/patterned-socks mulch.

I really like that photo. Obviously, socks + Bailey = great, but also - nice window!

2/19/2006 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You can't post about new socks and not show us what they look like up close! :)

Bummer about the LL--I've had some of the variegated in my stash for a while and was looking forward to making some Jaywalkers with it. Even the solids pool. Someone needs to track down Lorna and tell her what's up.

2/19/2006 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home