Saturday, January 28, 2006

Isn't it enough that I can't buy pants?

So, basically, if you are a person who does not have freakishly long legs? You will be able to make a pair of knee socks out of two skeins of Lorna's Shepherd Sport.

Me, on the other hand? I have made a fattest-part-of-my-calf sock.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sigh. But seriously, if it is less than 22 inches from the floor to your kneecap, you should start some of these right away, because they are super warm and cozy. I've been flat out with the flu for the past few days, but I've been plugging away at these, because I am so convinced that wearing them will cure me of all sickness--that is how cozy they are.

While I keep going on the other one, a meme from Elizabeth:

4 jobs you have had in your life

Lifeguard
Book buyer
General lackey for a labor union's PAC
Admin assistant for The McLauglin Group (Ok, that was a temp job and I was only there for a week and a half, but it was HI-larious)

4 movies you could watch over and over

Bull Durham
Say Anything
The English Patient (but only when I need cathartic weeping)
Clueless

4 places you have lived

London
Washington, DC
South Bend, IN
Austin, TX

4 TV shows you love to watch

What Not to Wear
24 (a new addiction)
Nature
Nova
(N.B. I am kind of a dork)

4 places you have been on vacation

Eagles Mere, PA
London
Paris
Prince Edward Island. (worst. vacation. ever.)

4 websites you visit daily
I Blame the Patriarchy
The Vine
Go Fug Yourself
Cute Overload

4 of your favorite foods

Breakfast tacos from Mi Madre's
Kraft mac & cheese
Pie
anything with goat cheese, pretty much

4 places you would rather be right now

Austin
Austin
Austin
London (just to shake things up a bit)


4 bloggers you are tagging

Has anyone not done this? If not, you're tagged.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

geek. geek is the word you want. not dork. i love nova and pretty much anything pbs and geeky. :-) nice socks!

1/28/2006 4:41 PM  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

It's a beautiful sock - I have the same problem. It would prolly take 3 or 4 skeins for me.

:-(

1/30/2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

cool! beautiful socks...and ah yes, the healing power of lorna's laces. can't beat it! hope you're feeling better.

i am sooo jealous of your temping stint with the McLaughlin Group!!! oh, man, I'll bet you have some stories to tell!

btw, I put Mi Madre's down on my list too, tho' i haven't had them in a while. so isn't it conveeeeniient that you'll be visiting! Mi Madre's every day! Woo hoo!

BTW, I, too, am a recent "24" convert. Can't get enough, and damn! Kiefer is HOTT!!!

1/30/2006 12:26 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Those of us with short legs have trouble buying pants too. But I guess being able to make knee socks with less yarn makes up for it somewhat.

1/30/2006 5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Emily, I too am vertically challenged. Skirts that are meant to skim the knee tend to cut me off at the fattest part of my calf. I am also slightly bow-legged - the end result is me resembling a squat little cowboy.

1/31/2006 4:10 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

hi ashley! you are my sock sister for sockapaloooza! small world huh? i reconized your profile pic right away... you and i both read and comment on amanda's and dani's blogs :) great socks, i love that colorway!

2/02/2006 3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home