Monday, January 16, 2006

Find Me a RenFaire, Stat!

As Cordelia and Elizabeth guessed, the mysterious piece of entrelac from my last post is indeed Lady Eleanor. Six-and-three-quarters balls of Noro Silk Garden in, she is a respectable 43 inches--just over halfway to go:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(Look! The sun was out! It's an MLK Day miracle!)

The Silk Garden has a little bit of a saga behind it; I became quite obsessed with the colorway I knit my wristwarmers with, so when I saw 10 balls of it on Ebay for half price, I couldn't resist. Yay! Except, boo. Because I got the number wrong: I liked 86, and I accidentally got 82, which, although it has similar colors--blue, green, purple, berry, brown, grey--is quite a bit less vibrant:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In the end, I decided that a more muted colorway was probably fine for Lady E, since she is a piece with quite a bit of inherent drama, but, as a compromise, I got 3 balls of 86, thanks to the lovely gift certificate to my local that Santa brought me, and am adding it here and there for a pop of color:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So. There's that. But now she's too big for bus knitting, and, since one of my New Year's resolutions is to take the bus to school instead of driving, I had to start a second project.

Remember this? After 6 mateless months, it's finally getting a friend.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! I love how the entrelac shows off the Noro. I think it's one of the best uses I've ever seen for that yarn.

1/16/2006 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's gorgeous - looks fiendishly difficult.

1/16/2006 6:45 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

Gorgeous. I like your color choice, and adding in the balls of the other colorway makes it look even more impressive. Do you think you will be adding the fringew?

1/16/2006 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's genuis. It's brilliant. It's...
Beautiful.
*sigh*

1/16/2006 8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Just wow. That is incredible. You got Noro for half price? (Just kidding - the wows were for Lady Eleanor). Very very beautiful.

Cute socks!

1/17/2006 1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! you've been busy! It looks great... maybe someday I, too will attempt entrelac

1/17/2006 3:43 PM  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

Beautiful colorways, all.

More later... I'm mad busy.

1/17/2006 4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Lady E. I love the colors!

1/18/2006 7:44 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

So beautiful! The more Lady Eleanors I see, the more I'm convinced I need to knit one... although really not much use for a wrap in TX. Love the socks too.

1/18/2006 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home