Monday, December 12, 2005

The first Christmas Debacle

I planned to make these charming marshmallows to send to my friends in Austin:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yum! Peppermint marshmallows! How good would that be in cocoa? Alas, the morning after the marshmallows were made and bagged (although luckily not sent), here is what I have:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A bag of pepto-bismol colored smush. Not very gifty. Thanks a LOT, Family Circle.

On the other hand, that is probably what I get for making a recipe from Family Circle. I looked on Epicurious, and their marshmallow recipe is basically the same, but adds egg whites, which, I think, would make quite a difference.

Anyhoo, things are much more satisfying over at the Secret Gift Blog.

5 Comments:

Blogger KnittenKnots said...

DOH! That is just wrong...stupid Family Circle.

12/12/2005 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a pretty simple recipe that has a lot of feedback:
http://www.cookingforengineers.com/article.php?id=106

Maybe these will turn out better!

12/12/2005 7:07 PM  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

ewwww

12/13/2005 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminds me of the time I tried to make pumpkin gnocchi. Except mine was orange and more dense. But equally sticky.

12/14/2005 8:38 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

c'mon, who wouldn't want a giant bag of pink goo? nothing says holiday merriment quite like it.

sadly, my worst cooking experience was also gnocchi from martha stewart living magazine. it was two valentines ago, and my boyfriend won't let me live it down.

12/15/2005 1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home