Monday, November 28, 2005

Knits in action

Remember how I said that I would get some better shots of Rogue over Thanksgiving, since my FO pics were so crappy? Well, I did my best. I said to my sister Courtney, aka Courker, "I need you to model your sweater so that I can take good pictures of all the cables." Here's the first attempt:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"No, no," I said, "be normal. This is for the Internets." Silly me. I forgot the Cardinal Rule of Courkerdom: Never be normal.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's the best I could do. At least the color is fairly true in these.

Later, all the knits got in on the action.

Rogue helped Courker clean us all out at poker, even though she had to use sugar packets as chips.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hourglass got its groove on in a heated Dance Dance Revolution competition with my brother-in-law while we waited in line for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. (Tip: Don't play DDR in an overcrowded theater lobby while wearing a wool sweater and Uggs, especially if you are prone to overheating.)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And many, many assorted knits showed up for the traditional family Christmas picture.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Five people, six knits (and an uncooperative dog). Not half bad.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great weekend! And I'm pretty sure I said this before, but Rogue is beautiful!!

11/28/2005 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, Rogue! She's beautiful!
And this is totally off topic, but is that you with all the hair in the family picture? I've never seen a shot of you with it all out like that.
All the knits look great; Bailey should've been proud to pose with them. It looks like you had a great weekend!

11/28/2005 12:55 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Those pictures of your sister, I gotta say, are hee-larious! She looks like a piece o' work, that one. The Rogue looks beautiful too.

I love that picture of your family! You look v. pretty. And the snow looks gorgeous, from over here. ;-)

11/28/2005 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome knitting. man, that purple rogue is gorgeous!

11/29/2005 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The rogue is beautiful - I also love the latest incantation of shedir. To continue the love-fest...as a person with fine, limp hair I'm very jealous of your mane.

Give Bailey a belly rub for me.

11/29/2005 6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rouge looks great, even in silly pictures. And good to see that the hourglass is getting lots of use too. I so need to make me one of those!

11/29/2005 8:53 PM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Perfect fit!! Love the modelling too - so cute! Looks like you had a fantastic time. :-)

11/30/2005 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home