Friday, December 16, 2005

Gifties!

People, it is so snowy and crappy out today, and I had to do all kinds of miserable errands, and wait in line for 16 hours at the post office and stuff, but when I got home I had gifties, and then everything was better.

First, my excellent friends Vim and Kristi sent me a little arctic menagerie of ornaments for my tree. Aren't they charming?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

They made them themselves, except for the glass ones. Vim and Kristi, I think you should have crafty blogs.

(They also sent some gummi penguins, but it is hard to photograph things that are inside your stomach without specialized equipment.)

And then Parikha and I were doing a little pattern swap, and she sent a whole pretty box with a wicked cool record bowl (The Eurythmics, if you were wondering, like I always do when I see record bowls) full of candy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As I said to the student who brought me a Diet Coke to drink while they were taking their final last week, "it's like you know me!" Thanks, Parikha!

Now, if you'll pardon me, I'm going to go eat some chocolate and hang some penguins on my tree. But you can stick around and go over to the Secret Gift Blog if you want, UNLESS YOUR NAME IS VIMALA.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn!

12/16/2005 5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...
Chocolate...
in a record bowl...
with penguins...
mmmm...
:-)

12/16/2005 9:16 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

What cute little presents! I love penguins :) Chocolate and penguins mix well together.. happy holidays!

12/17/2005 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That record bowl...the same sort of thing inspired me during a handbuild pottery class about a year ago, so I have the same bowl. BUT made out of clay and glazed in timmoku (sp?). Since my name is not Vimala, I'm off to the secret gift blog now...

12/17/2005 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home