Thursday, February 02, 2006

Let the socking begin!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Gee. I hope I can find some yarn for my sock pal.

Heh. Actually, the frontrunner right now is the Mountain Colors Bearfoot up there in front, in Bitterroot Rainbow. Natural fibers? Check. Bright colors? Check. Now I just have to decide on a stitch pattern.

And by the way, welcome to those of you who are popping by because I'm your Sock Sister. I'll be sending out an email when Alison forwards me the final list, but in the meantime, I'll just say that I'm looking forward to meeting all of you through your blogs (or by email, if you're blogless) and seeing what kind of sock creations you come up with!

Oh, and also, as part of the Silent Poetry Reading, via Sydney:

More Snow Falling

One huge hush the whole day.
No wind. Just endless in-
exorable cliche,
the same old stuff again

and again. . . . We need old stuff
sometimes. As in liturgy.
Or a declaration of love.
No frills, just infinity.

-Peter Kane Dufault

6 Comments:

Blogger amandamonkey said...

love the poem.

2/02/2006 7:53 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Hey sister, do you know of an online retailer that carries Mountain Colors Bearfoot and provides decent pictures of the colors? I'm thinking about using it for my sockpal but I can't seem to find a website that shows more than a few measly strands, or it shows the color in a totally different type of yarn. I may have to hunt for an actual store which carries Bearfoot.

2/02/2006 8:01 PM  
Blogger Beth Roy said...

I just finished a pair of socks using Mountain Colors - love that yarn! The socks came out pretty cute if I do say so myself.

I'm the one you helped with the slip stitch hem for the Hourglass Sweater. I've ordered the yarn and hoping it arrives so that I can start my project for the Knitting Olympics beginning next Friday. Thanks again for the help.

2/03/2006 1:43 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Hmmm, the only preferences I listed for Sockapalooza was bright colors and natural fibers. Very interesting, I'll have to compare notes as you're knitting. I'll send you updates for my sock pal as soon as I settle on a pattern and shop for some yarn.

2/03/2006 3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum knitting with bearfoot is like knitting with butter! gets my vote for sure!

2/03/2006 9:43 PM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Lovely. Thanks.

2/04/2006 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home