Thursday, February 16, 2006

Hurry UP, Spring!

Bringing me down:

Image hosting by Photobucket
Bailey often hangs out in the tree at the park so the other dogs can't get her. She is afeared of them.

Perhaps you cannot tell, but the air in that picture is full of freezing rain, the worst kind of rain there is.


Cheering me up:

Image hosting by Photobucket
A lovely hand-hooked rug, a Christmas gift from Courker and the Pinto Bean

Image hosting by Photobucket
Sweet little birds, bought for a song from the lovely and talented Anna.

Image hosting by Photobucket
A cheery pink bag. It feels wrong to carry it yet, but soon it wil be time.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Candy.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Life.

9 Comments:

Blogger amandamonkey said...

Your 'cheering me up' section cheered me up, too. Thanks.

The 'bringing me down' reminds me that Barley was like that for a LONG TIME (like 4-5 years). He's recently started standing up for himself a little and we're so proud. I know most people scold their dogs when they growl at another dog, but we are sorta happy.

Bailey will be fine. It just takes time.

2/16/2006 1:16 PM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Hurrah! Spring springs slowly here too, but there are buds around. And before long you can carry your pretty bag. I vote for sooner rather than later, putting a spring in your step at least

2/16/2006 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, i haven't had nonpareils (i know i spelled that wrong) in forever.

i think the bailey picture actually belongs in the "cheering up" section--she's such a cutie pie.

2/16/2006 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love shrimp plants. Such odd flowers.

And I love that Bailey, a dog, climbs into a tree to get away from other dogs. She's such a non-traditionalist!

2/16/2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Aww, poor scared Bailey!

2/16/2006 4:27 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Great post! I love all the color, I think you should use your bag now, it's fab!

Bailey is quite cute in the trees.

2/16/2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

Perhaps Bailey is a noble pacifist, standing above the fray?

2/18/2006 12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Bailey - he would love Sophie, she is the ultimate submissive...but loves to play.

Nice hooked rug! My Mom just got into it as a craft-hobby and is, um, "hooked" on it (groan). I'm hoping to get a nice hooked rug someday...

2/18/2006 1:16 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I love that bag! Is it handmade? It looks like maybe it is which I mean in the best possible way. I asked someone at work the other day if they were wearing a handknit sweater and they were offended until I explained that I'm a knitter and I was impressed. Anyhow, nice bag!

2/19/2006 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home