Monday, March 20, 2006

Beginnings

Thanks for the feedback on the socks, y'all! I am inclined to bow to the common wisdom on this one (current tally--43 votes for; 3 against; and 9 "meh"), but we'll wait and see what the Sockapalooza hordes have to say tomorrow. Not that I don't trust my regular readers ;)

Knitting the sock of possibly-not-hideousness so quickly gave me a little hand pain--the kind that seems to be going around--so for the rest of the weekend I did other things. For example, I picked flowers!

Image hosting by Photobucket

They're only measly little snowdrops, and there aren't that many of them, but they give me hope (for the flowers, as it were). The crocuses should be up any minute now.

(How charming are my salz und pfefferstruers, by the way? My friend Vimala gave them to me once when I was having a poopy day, and they cheered me up immensely and still do. They had German on the box, rather than English, so I always think of them as my salz und pfefferstruers, but in Googling to make sure I was spelling it right I realized that I like the Norwegian (Norwegian? Right?) even better: Pepperbøsser.)

And I also started figuring out my quilt!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Mistakes may or may not have been made that require me to make a return trip to the fabric store this afternoon. Let's just say that math is not my strong suit, and neither, apparently, is cutting a straight line. But that's OK--it's a nice day out, and somebody would like very much to go for a car ride.

Image hosting by Photobucket

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with this quilt business; I don't know that I'd ever have the patience for it. I like the colors, very sunshine and summer-y. And hey, straight lines are overrated.

3/20/2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

oooh, i like those salt and pepper shakers! so cute!!

3/20/2006 4:58 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

You're quilting?!!! Oh, my gawd, I can barely keep up with you. :-)

3/20/2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

'Measly snowdrops'?! They're the best! And I love them in that green vase/(bottle?). And the salt and pepper pots invoke just one response: 'Oh, bless...'!

As for the quilt - it's beautiful! I'm so excited that someone else is getting into quilting. (So far mine are just piles of fabric and pictures in my head, but the more blogs I read the more inspired I am).

3/20/2006 6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's all ready to put her shoes on!
I love the snowdrops too, especially in their vase.
I hope the trip to the store was productive!

3/20/2006 9:30 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Ooooo I *heart* your salt & pepper shakers!!!

3/20/2006 10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cutest salt and papperbossers *ever*! I love them. They just look like they would hop around the table squeaking!

3/21/2006 1:51 AM  
Blogger Carola said...

Thanks for the cheerful post, complete with springy flowers, awesome 'Salz- und Pfefferstreuer', your bright quilt (I am so excited to follow the progress on this!) and the mandatory cute dog pic. While all this makes me feel better, I am hoping you have overcome your sockapaloooza crisis. Or will at least soon!

3/21/2006 7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the s&p shakers - they make me think of peeps, as interpreted by IKEA.

Like Bailey, the Sophie also loves a good car-ride. Such a cute boy...sending virtual tummy rubs...

3/22/2006 6:35 PM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

LOL!! Oh Bailey - I know that look...so cute. Your quilt colors - love em. And I think the sock is very nice - go for it. If the recepient is into bright colors, I see no problem...

3/24/2006 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home