Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Promising

Look what I saw when I got up this morning:

Image hosting by Photobucket

Rosy-fingered dawn! Do you know how long it's been since I woke up to natural light? [ETA, per Amanda's and Cordelia's comments, that I do not get up particularly early at all (by objective standards. By my own standards, anything before 9 is early). This sunrise was approx 7:15 this morning.]

So that's exciting. Also exciting? The Amazing Race is back! And I do mean BACK--no stupid families, excellent challenges, and HELICOPTERS. And the nerdiest little couple with whom I am totally in love. Happy happy happy. Plus, the season premire was 2 hours long, so that meant lots of knitting time.

Image hosting by Photobucket


Pomatomus? Frogged. Wyvern? Well underway. Thanks for the suggestion, Olga! I have to say, I don't like the pattern itself nearly as much as Pomatomus--I miss the pop of the twisted sitches--but it is not crippling my hands, which makes it a winner in my book. And as Olga wisely observed, fish? Dragons? Both scaly.

(Note that the Wyvern reposes on a stack of blue books. Which remained ungraded while I watched TAR and knitted. Priorities, mes amis, priorities.)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking I should not ask at what ungodly hour you actually get up.
I should, however, congratulate you on a most successful ordering of priorities. Enjoy Wyvern.

3/01/2006 2:51 PM  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

I was thinking the exact same thing as Cordelia about the crack of dawn.

Wyvern looks great!

3/01/2006 3:05 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

I looooved the nerdy couple! Those blue books brought back horrific law school memories, but Wyvern looks fantabulous.

3/01/2006 3:47 PM  
Blogger bfmomma said...

oooh.. I like it! a LOT!

3/01/2006 4:00 PM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Scaly indeed. Much better! Beautiful photo of your morning. ;)

3/02/2006 3:42 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

heh heh. I too am neglecting grading for, well, just about anything else. Although that's all comin' down on me today. Wyvern is looking good - I like the stripes on the toe.

3/02/2006 9:03 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

oh, yay! i'm glad you liked my suggestion! can't wait to see how it turns out.

3/03/2006 1:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the "blue book"... don't miss it one bit.

Lovely sunrise. And Wyvern--also lovely.

3/03/2006 12:01 PM  
Blogger StarKnits said...

hmm i think i'm going with that same pattern i like the way it looks! i also love The Amazing Race. and all else gets put on hold while i watch it.. lol

3/07/2006 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home