Sunday, April 03, 2005

Parker Stevenson Can't Lose

This afternoon I gave Pasha to my friend Alex during her dissertation defense dry run. She was very pleased and renamed him Parker Stevenson, which I think is just dandy. Parker Stevenson had an excellent time dressing up like a rock star and drinking a Diet Coke:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Afterwards I made a quick Target run, where I saw their new line of learn to knit kits. Whatever--the patterns are a little tragic and the yarns are cheapy-cheap, but I'm all for people learning how to knit, so more power to them, except for this one:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Let's leave to the side for a second the issue that it is incredibly dangerous for dogs to eat string (it can wrap around their intestines and kill them) and focus on the main problem here: Do you really want to teach your dog that it is right and good and fun to chew on knitted things? I have enough problems getting Bailey not to eat my needles.

P.S. Ashley to Time Change: You Suck.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wholeheartedly agree about this time change debacle! I feel like I lost a whole afternoon.

4/04/2005 12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I, too, took my camera to Target and photographed the most god-ugly baby layette kit I have ever seen. But I forgot my cam cord today and can't download it. whooops. I *love* Target, and I am also pro-knit-for-the-masses, but please! some taste, folks! LOL

Time change, pshaw.

4/04/2005 6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right about dogs and strings. Both of my dogs have had emergency intestinal surgery to remove strings (NOT yarn, thank goodness). Ka-ching, ka-ching, and the older dog nearly died. No yarn for dogs!

4/09/2005 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home