Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Knitting and Sports...

...a happy combo.

Last night during the Red Sox-Yankees (dammit, Red Sox! They're not your daddy anymore!) season opener, I frogged the Happy Dance scarf. Then I cast on again, with a lot fewer stitches, as I would like to be done with the thing sometime in the next ten years, and presto:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Less pooling, more striping! Just what I was hoping for. I'm still on the fence a little about the colors, but I definitely like it better now.

Then tonight, during the NCAA finals, I whipped out a famous Mason-Dixon Buttonhole Bag. Here it is in all its pre-felting floppiness, with a Silly Putty Egg for scale:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I made it taller than the original pattern, but it will be smaller overall since I made it with Cascade instead of the recommended Lamb's Pride Bulky. Patternworks assures me that the Cascade "felts like a dream," so I will look forward to seeing the results tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh ooh... like the bag - i've never managed to successfully felt anything (well OK, i only tried once and I didnt read the band on the yarn properly), and I've been eyeing this pattern for some time

4/05/2005 7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my. I just read your comment over on Wendy's blog and had to come over here to tell you that I think YOU WIN. :) Very fun!

4/05/2005 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home