Friday, April 29, 2005

Arts & Crafts

From Naive Knitting today:

Let’s say for the sake of argument craft is the plain girl who developed her personality, whereas art is the willowy blonde who has always been popular.

Indeed. It is no wonder that I gravitate toward craft. I really love Martha's blog, but today was the first time I posted to it. Does that ever happen to anyone else--that you're so intimidated by how cool a person's blog is that you're embarrassed to post because all of your posts will just be 6th-grade gushings, all "OMG!!!! I, like, TOTALLY LOVE your cool thing!" and unironic enthusiasm just isn't cool? I'm trying to get over that.

Which is not to say that the blogs that I do regularly post on are in any way uncool--they're just not intimidating. So y'all should be proud of yourselves for being both cool and unintimidating.

Via Take 4 is getting quite diagonale, as you can see:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sadly, my hands (and forearms) are getting slightly hurty. Luckily, Marc gave me that charming little sea urchin of a stress ball before he left for LA, so I have been taking some of the pain out on it:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That said, I really like the sheen of the Reynolds Saucy (I also just like saying Reynolds Saucaaaay), and although I am feeling the stress in my hands, it's much less so than with my last sustained cotton project, a baby blanket made with the late lamented Mission Falls 1824 Cotton. It just so happens that I might have been doing a little virtual window shopping today, and Saucaaaay is part of the WEBS anniversary sale, for a mere $3.19 per 185-yard ball, and is available in a gazillion colors. If you are going to be doing any cotton knitting for summer (or perhaps jumping on the Via wagon) I highly recommend it.

And speaking of that virtual window shopping trip, is anyone else made very happy by the fact that one of the new KnitPicks cottons is in a color called Nap?

I don't know if I'm crazy about the yarn, but I do heart a good nap.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about commenting on intimidating blogs. Then there's the related problem of being intimidated by lots of commentators: "Omigod, I, like, _tolly_ agree with Jane and Mary and Elizabeth and Judy and Marcia..." How does one make that sound cool?

4/29/2005 10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

via looks nice! I'm on my 3rd attempt, but its going good so far! AND I twisted my first attempt as well!

4/29/2005 12:42 PM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

Yeah, it can be intimidating to comment on blogs (especially really, really cool ones - I'm going to have to go check out Naive Knitting now of course). I used to lurk because I felt like I didn't have anything interesting to say but I've given up on that - now I just go ahead and post my uninteresting comments - most people seem to enjoy (or at least don't seem to mind) getting even the most mundane of comments and that I can certainly deliver! :-)

Vicki

4/29/2005 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, intimidating blogs. yes, feeling redundant as only saying what other commenters have already said.

4/30/2005 2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me, too, also. Intimidated. You know how long it took me to post any comments at all? MONTHS. Then, it was like the floodgates opened and I could not stop. You, Ashley, know this because I spam/comment you, heh heh.

But then when I got comments on my blog I read them all and got so excited that anyone had taken the time to comment! It made me so happy! So I figured other people must be like that too right? (Or mayhaps I am delusional. anyway.) So I guess I just operate under the assumption that everyone likes comments, LOL.

You think I could have possibly found a LONGER way to say that? Geez.

5/02/2005 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home