Friday, April 15, 2005

One Sock Two Socks Done Socks Blue Socks

The Merino Style Socks are finished! My very first pair of socks.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Do I even need to tell you how unamused Bailey was by this? And yet I found it endlessly funny, especially since when this was taken she was growling fiercely at a cat outside. Poor Bailey. It's hard to be fierce when you're a dog wearing socks.

So these socks, they are....warm. Sturdy. Serviceable. In short, they are quite boring--a 5x2 rib in a relentlessly solid color. My next socks, however, will not be boring. How do I know? Because they will be made of this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yum.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look great, but the dog appears somewhat nonplussed. I'd imagine his feet are pretty warm already. That colorway is gorgeous. Where's it from?

4/15/2005 2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey! My, what big ocks you have! And they are so gorgeous and so blue and so perfectly gussetted!

That is the cutest pic ever.

4/15/2005 4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, did I say "My what big OCKS you have"? I meant to say, um, you know... SOCKS. Because OCKS, now that would be crazytalk.

4/15/2005 4:59 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

It's true that in comparison to ocks, putting socks on your dog is TOTALLY NORMAL. I am normal, people.

4/15/2005 6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, no, really, that totally is normal. Because ... you know... dogs get cold. And Bailey looked very fierce in the socks. Indeed.

4/15/2005 7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is one SCARY dog

4/16/2005 2:38 PM  
Blogger KnittenKnots said...

hee hee! I know this is an old post but I couldn't help commenting! Poor Bailey - hee hee - sounds like something I would do to my Otis. I'm still laughing...

4/25/2005 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home