Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Gifties!

The most exciting part about being away was that when I got home, I had all of this waiting for me!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sooooo many packages. I heart the mails, I must say. They are even better than the internets. Here's what I got.

First of all, from my stitch marker pal Brenna, these very cute ocean-themed markers:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I especially heart the turtle, which is a little blurry here. Sorry, turtle. And thanks, Brenna!

Next, from Gaile, this booty:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There's some cute knitting-themed notecards, some more lovely stitch markers (single beads, which I love because I can use them to mark the beginning of a round and not get them confused with my other ones), and some gorgeous softy soft sock yarn, which is awesome because I scored some back issues of IK from my mom when I was home, so I can finally make the Retro Ribs I've been coveting very covetously. But best of all there is the main object of the swap, the Knit a Square Make a Toy book, featuring a charming knitted polar bear, who is knitting the very scarf that is wrapped around his neck. It's so meta. Fear not--you will be seeing pictures of many things from this book on this blog in the future. (There's a pony! And two different dogs! And a kangaroo!) I think this swap turned out very well--I sent Gaile a bunch of Austin foodie things, and I hope she likes it as much as I like my package!

And then finally, this amazing gift, with an put-out looking Bailey for scale:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was made for me by a family friend as a graduation gift, and I am just in awe of it. I'm not a quilter, but I'm sure that this took weeks and weeks, if not months and months, to make. So incredibly thoughtful and I can't wait to snuggle under it on a chilly Michigan night. Thanks, Mrs. Sprunger!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - lots of fun presents!!! You'll have to tell me how you like the _ Knit a square_ because I think it may have to go on my list :-)

5/11/2005 7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see quilts like that and I have the sudden urge to learn how to quilt. And then I have to explain to myself that the last thing I need is another crafty hobby, and that my quilts would definitely not come out looking like that. It's absolutely beautiful.

5/11/2005 8:15 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

Oh my! You are so super lucky! All the presents are wonderful and I can't believe that quilt! So gorgeous! Thanks for sharing all the presents!

5/11/2005 9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty quilt! Congratulations on all your gifts!

5/11/2005 10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a quilt as a gift? wow that is one good family friend. can you imagine the hours? i think i'd sooner give someone a kidney than something i spent so long on. but that might not look so good on a bed.

5/12/2005 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I commented on this yesterday (????)

Ok, here is my comment... again... unless I am suddenly schizophrenic (again) (heh)...

Bailey is a perfect scale-providing model, if an unwilling one. That quilt is simply beautiful. It looks so cozy and fancy all at the same time!

I have a quilt I made when I was a lot younger and I still use it, it was so much fun to pick out the colors and make the squares and sew them together one by one (by hand!) It was the first time I ever discovered Zen via crafting.

5/12/2005 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home