Monday, May 09, 2005

Sweet Home Massachusetts

Hi y'all! No blogging this weekend, since I was out of town (not much emailing either, so if I owe you an email or a blog comment, hang on, it's coming!). My parents asked my sister and me to come home for the weekend and do that morbid thing where we start laying claim to the stuff we want after they're dead. Since they're retiring and moving out of their house, this was probably the last time that I'll be in my hometown, the unlovely Worcester, MA. Which, on the one hand, there's absolutely nothing calling me back there. On the other hand, it is weird to know that it's completely unlikely that I'll ever go back to the place where I grew up. Huh.

Anyhoo. My time away was used wisely, as it turns out that socks are the ideal plane knitting:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The dissertation socks are done (although sadly the same is not yet true of the wretched dissertation revisions. Soon! Soon!). Here's a closeup that shows the stitch pattern and also demonstrates that the socks go oh-so-nicely with jeans:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


And finally, by popular demand, Bailey In Ocks*


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Do you see how her face so clearly says, "You brought me home from that wretched kennel only to put me in ocks? Thanks a lot."? That is totally what it says.


*(Because only weirdos put their dogs in socks).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look great. I love the colors and the slip stitch (?) pattern. Have you worn them with shoes enough to see whether the ribbing along the foot is comfortable? That's always my worry (somewhat unfounded, as I rarely wear my handknit socks, but whatever. I have to worry about something.).

5/09/2005 11:40 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

OH Ashley! Bailey looks so cute in those socks! Where is that pattern from? I am just about done with my first pair of socks and just used the Yankee Knitter pattern.. I am looking to try something a bit different for the #2 pair.

So you were up here this weekend?! I am in Boston. I just moved here last summer and like it a lot, but my heart will always belong in Colorado... Definitely a young crowd here.

Have a good week!

5/10/2005 9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks. Bailey looks very stylish in them. :-)

5/10/2005 10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your knitting... those are BEE-yoo-tee-full! I am very impressed. And they looks so complicated and hard! I love them!

Bailey, you are a supermodel!! A supermodel in hand-crafted ocks. Because Dogs in ocks totally rock. hahahahaha... I rhyme. I'm dorky. Gonna be quiet now.

5/10/2005 5:08 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Hey I'm from Mass too! But I still live here...blah. I love the socks. Can I get me a pair? : )

5/16/2005 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home